Your local, global art fair.
Each Superfine! fair in Miami, New York, Washington DC, and Los Angeles provides a fun, sophisticated, transparent, and approachable atmosphere that encourages our visitors to collect contemporary art.
Emerging art is our lifeblood. To build a thriving and sustainable art market in each Superfine! city takes redefining and honing the concept of an art collector. We create programming and curate an exhibitor base that appeals not only to dyed-in-the-wool collectors but also the rapidly growing, art-loving young professional sector. Our program is relevant, dynamic, and collector-driven.
Sean Christopher Ward, of HUE Gallery of Contemporary Art, is bringing a collection of amazing artists to exhibit in Booth #51 at Superfine! New York City.
These artists include:
Sean Christopher Ward (Wichita, Kansas)
Julius DC Bautista (Chicago, Illinois)
Dallas Dodge (Wichita, Kansas)
Angie Evans (Wichita, Kansas)
Juan Jose Hoyos Quiles (Clearwater, Florida)
The event is on May 2-6, 2018. It is located at:
459 West 14th Street
New York, NY 10014
(Located just blocks from the Whitney Museum of American Art)
To purchase tickets, visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/superfine-art-fair-nyc-2018-tickets-43043994747
Use discount code: EXHIBITORFRIEND and you will receive 30% off ticket price!
Some of the events of Superfine include:
9PM-12AM | Twilight Vernissage
- Cotton-candy-clad champagne, popcorn, and whimsical treats
- Promising talent, Superfine! exhibitor, and world-renowned body painter Trina Merry will perform a live recreation of two pieces from her “Lust of Currency” series which examines the role of art, commerce and society in a commoditized culture.
- ON DISPLAY by Heidi Latsky Dance: a live deconstructed art exhibit/fashion show that turns a cast of diverse and extreme bodies into a sculpture court breaking down the boundaries between performer and sculpture
- Ethereal handpan sounds by Color of Rhythm
THURSDAY 5.3: 12PM-7PM
- art|tea|talk panel with Superfine! team (Deming King Harriman, Ashley G Garner, James Miille, Alex Mitow) | 2-3PM
- Live drawing by Legend D’Oro | 3-5PM
- Complimentary craft beer tastings with Zach Mack, founder of temple of hops Alphabet City Beer Co | 3-5PM
FRIDAY 5.4: 12PM-7PM
- Everything You Wanted to Know About the Art Market (But Were Afraid to Ask) with Sebastien Laboureau | 2-3PM
- Art demonstration with Cedrik Cavallier | 3-5PM
- Art-paired wine happy hour | 3-5PM
SATURDAY 5.5: 12PM-7PM
- From the XX Perspective female arts summit | 2-3PM | Featuring Lolita Cros (The Wing), Sophia Dawson (Lower Eastside Girls Club), Ashley G Garner (Superfine! – The Fair), Carrie Eldridge (NOW ART), and moderated by Jackie Dreier, (founder of Arts Club NYC)
- Sake sampling hour provided by SOTO Sake with live Japanese art demonstration by Tomoya Tsuruta of TOMOYAARTS | 3-5PM
SUNDAY 5.6: 12PM-8PM
- Collective Perspective: The “Gallery” in 2018 panel discussion | 2-3PM | Featuring Jason McGroarty (MUTT Collective), Jenna Geiger (Deep Space Gallery), Sean Christopher Ward (HUE Gallery), and Natalie Burlutskaya(RE:ARTISTE)
- Art-paired wines happy hour + live painting by Christina Nicola | 3-5PM
Dim Sum Dinner Party | THURSDAY 5.3 8PM-12AM
- Multi-course dim sum dinner by Nom Wah Tea Parlor
- Curated flight of SOTO and other craft sakes, paired to each dish by master sake sommelier Zachary Gross
- Dinner talk by art advisor Sebastien Laboureau
- Eclectic post-modern jazz by the Michael McGarril Trio
“Young” Collectors: Ice Cream & Cocktail Social | FRIDAY 5.4 8PM-11PM
- Unlimited “snow cream” courtesy of Snowdays
- Immersive performance art by Dream Caverns (featuring a new NEMESIS character!)
- 2 complimentary craft cocktails
- ARTstagram challenge (winner gets $500 art spree!)
Girls’ Night Out (for Art!) hosted by Lower Eastside Girls Club | SATURDAY 5.5 8PM-11PM
- 2 complimentary craft cocktails
- All-girl DJ sets + spoken word led by Girls Club DJ and teaching artist Likwuid.
- GIRLISH Boomerang Booth by HMN Creative: empowering womxn to cultivate their own identity and defy traditional norms.
- Portion of proceeds support Lower Eastside Girls Clubinitiatives for young female artists in NYC
Private Directors’ Tours
- Modern Minimalist Masters – led by Julia Haney Montanez, design curator and producer of MADE, the nation’s largest dedicated showcase of independent and emerging designers, within the annual Architectural Digest Design Show. | FRIDAY 5.4 11AM-12PM
- Queens of Contemporary Art – Women Artists of Today | SATURDAY 5.5 11AM-12PM
- “It Goes Above the Couch!” – Large Format Works | SUNDAY 5.6 11AM-12PM